Updated: October 20, 2021
If you fail the Life in the UK Test you can take it again. You can take the test over and over again until you pass.
But each attempt at passing the test does cost you time and money.
You can still live in the United Kingdom even if you fail the test until your Leave to Remain expires.
If you decide to take the Life in the UK Test over again
● You will have to go through the same process over again, register and pay for the test, study, and finally take the test again on the scheduled day.
● Each attempt to pass the test costs £50.
● The earliest day you can take the test again is at least 7 days.
● Be sure that you have nothing scheduled on your test day so that you have plenty of time to take your test.
● Make sure that you come to the test with the exact same ID that you registered with. If the details on your ID don’t match identically the details you entered on your registration, then you will not be able to take your test and your test fee will not be refunded. This ID that you bring must be an original document (no photocopies will be accepted).
How to increase your chances of passing the Life in the UK Test a second time?
✔ Review your test result
Read your test result in your LitUK account, where the result will be shown in the results tab, to know which questions you answered incorrectly. Look through the official handbook to find the correct answers and take notes to memorise them in case you come across the same questions on the next test.
✔ Improve your English language skills if needed
If you feel that a big reason you failed the test is because you don’t have a good grasp on the English language, then attend ESOL classes (English for Speakers of Other Languages). This will help you improve your English language skills so that you can better memorise and understand the information in the handbook.
✔ Take practice tests
Practice tests will test your knowledge and understanding of the handbook. You can find these tests online.
We have a Complete Online Training Program for the new Life in the UK Test. Our training program provides practice tests that are presented in the exact same look and format as the official test. You will become skilled at choosing the correct answer from a variety of similar answers, just like in the official test. Our practice tests cover the entire content of the official handbook and enable you to efficiently memorise all the official handbook information.
So, as you know, the test is very challenging. It is important to feel confident and well prepared on your official test day. We believe that if you follow our recommendations, you will maximise your chances of passing the Life in the UK Test. We wish you the best of luck!